780-447-0600 info@srbequipment.ca

If you own a truck, tractor, trailer, or even a bus, you must timely carry the CVIP inspections of your vehicle. It is something that holds paramount importance if you want your vehicles to run on Canadian roads. For that reason, as a vehicle owner, you should be aware of what commercial vehicle inspection is and where to get it done. Read this article till the end to learn everything about CVIP inspections.

What are CVIP Inspections?

In order to drive your vehicle in Canada, you must pass your vehicle through a CVIP, a.k.a. Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program. The motive of conducting CVIP inspections is to ensure that the vehicle is safe to run on the road.

Lights, steering, wheels, engine, etc., are checked during these inspections. Mostly vehicles like commercial trucks, trailers, truck tractors, buses, light trucks, semi-trailers, etc., require CVIP inspections.

Only a certified technician has the authority to check the vehicle for CVIP inspections and validate for the same.

What is A CVIP Inspection Checklist?

During the CVIP inspections, the certified technician will consider various parameters to finally claim that the vehicle is safe for its driver and other road vehicles to take on the road. Usually, the following are examined while accessing a vehicle under CVIP inspection :

  • Suspension
  • Lamps
  • Electrical system
  • Chassis
  • Wheels and tired
  • Brakes
  • Steering
  • Couplers and hitches 

How Often do Commercial Vehicles Undergo the CVIP?

The vehicles might require a semi-annual or annual inspection, depending on the vehicle you own. We have described both, considering the Alberta province.

Annual CVIP Inspections

Intra-provincially traveling Commercial trucks, tractors, trailers, light trucks, semi-trailers, etc. with weight equal to more than 11,794 kg need annual CVIP inspections in Alberta. However, the same weighing 4 500 kg extra-provincially traveling vehicles also require yearly inspections. 

Semi-Annual CVIP Inspections

Commercial buses with more than ten passenger capacity need semi-annual CVIP inspection Edmonton. It is required only for commercial buses, and the ones operated for personal use are excluded from this scenario.

Is it Necessary to Get CVIP Inspections?

Yes, if you own 11,794 kg or more of commercial trucks, tractors, trailers, light trucks, semi-trailers, etc., you must get Commercial Vehicle Inspection in Edmonton once a year. Similarly, if you have more than a 10-seaters commercial bus, your vehicle must pass through the CVIP inspections twice a year.

Commercial vehicles must timely get CVIP inspections as per Section 19 of Vehicle Inspection Regulations. The driver must carry the inspection certificates with them to represent them to the investigator or peace officer. If the credentials are expired or absent, the vehicle driver has to pay a mandatory fine.

In case the certificates are destroyed or misplaced, the vehicle owner must get a copy of these certificates from the technicians or file them for another inspection. 

Where to Find CVIP Inspection Edmonton Facilities?

If you are looking for a CVIP inspection facility in Edmonton, SRB equipment can help you.

Our licensed technicians are here to assist you at your convenience. We have been serving customers in Edmonton for years and understand how to provide the swiftest services without compromising quality.

At an affordable price, our experienced professionals are here to carry out the complete CVIP inspections by following all the mandatory regulations.

Get in touch now for quick and reliable CVIP inspection services!

Bottom Line

Ergo, if you have a commercial vehicle in Canada that fits into the regulations set by your province, in that case, you must pass through the Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program and acquire certifications concerning the same. For safety reasons, CVIP inspections help to check if your vehicle is fit to go on the road or not.

Here, SRB Equipment can help you with A-grade assistance. Call us now to book a CVIP inspection today!